Monday, March 12, 2012

What would you have named yourself?

Here's an alternate way of going about choosing your baby's name...what would you have named yourself, or what would you rename yourself or your spouse (if the baby is not the same sex as you). What name fits you, or you and your partner combined? What do you "look" like?

This week I took out a few pictures of myself and my husband from varying ages (baby to adult) and asked myself if the names I was interested in looked good on us, because in all probability a baby would look like us. I found that Lina and Domenica looked very good on me and an imagined mini-me, but Minerva and Aria didn't feel right.

It's a little like waiting to see what the baby looks like before naming him or her, only without the wait and guessing instead, but I certainly think it would help narrow down the list.

Even if you're not expecting, what would you have named yourself? I would have chosen Raina Guinevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment