Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gap Casting Call - Girls Baby Names

This is the first year I've heard about the Gap Casting Call, and I'm always looking for unique name sightings. I finally got around to checking it out and decided to post some of the girls names that stood out among all the repeats of Emily, Ava, Makayla, Elle, Reagan, Chloe, Paisley, Carly, Kaylee, Madison, Madeleine, Brooklyn, Sydney, Olivia, Abigail, Paige, Sierra, Nevaeh, Hannah, Trinity, Isabelle, etc, which are all names that seem boring to me. I crave rare names! It was obvious at least half of all the names total were creatively spelled. Some of the ones I'm about to list appeared more than once, they just seem refreshing or elegant. I feel sorry for whoever has to go through all of these submissions to pick a winner. Wow. Over 1,400 pages of girls. I only got to page 120. I'm thinking about going back to look at popularity, because I'm assuming the ones I listed above rank higher than the ones listed below.

Guinevere
Athena
Claudia
Helena
Sela
Aoife
Penelope
Courtney
Annalisa
Nina
Esmeralda
Eleanor
Adelaide
Orianna
Annika
Nadia
Alexandra
Genevieve
Zia
Marina
Chelsea
Tessa
Caroline
Quiana
Giselle
Charlize
Claire
Erin
Liana
Tatiana
Molly
Emmanuelle
Ocean/Oceane
Azure
Florianne
Kit
Salma
Neve
Valentina
Harper
Jenna
Carina
Juliana
Vanessa
Cora
Jade
Victoria
Lindsay
Elektra
Johanna
Noelle
Samantha
Teresa
Mariana
Yasmina
Eliza
Jillian
Lana
Jacquelyn
Simone
Cyra
Saoirse
Audrey
Christina
Barratou
Sage
Hazel
Elissa
Noa
Delaney
Mabel
Allora
Stella
Jolie
Zeina
Lena
Vivienne
Paola
Alexandria
Ruthie
Sunny
Elsa
Irene
Calista
Evangeline
Silvie
Mallory
Kelsey/Kelsea
Bianca
Gabrielle/Gabriela
Eva
Violet
Kristen
Darla
Amelia
Serena
Carlotta
Greta
Jocelyn
Roco
Celeste
Aaliyah
Allison
Aubrey
Teagan
Ruby
Thalia
Georgia
Elena
Fiorella
Sonia
Halle
Rosalind
Fallon
Serenity
Rhiannon
Eponine
Kaede (rare to see this one on a non-Japanese baby)
April
Sabrina
Regina
Camilla
Gloria
Iris
Olympia
Aurora
Elysia
Estella
Yelena
Dahlia
Miranda
Melaina
Rebecca
Liberty
Thea
Marijke
Reese
Luciana
Adriana
Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment