Thursday, December 27, 2012

Interview with Shawn

I decided to do a quick name interview with my husband. Although his name, Shawn, is not as popular as it once was - #27 in 1973, people still might want to consider it. Other variants are still popular, such as Sean and Shaun. All three spellings are Irish variants of John, meaning "God is gracious." Sean is the Irish version, while Shawn and Shaun are the Anglicized versions from Irish. In 2011 Shawn ranked at #248, Shaun at #588 and Sean at #125.

What is your name? (Include middle if you’d like) Shawn Anthony
Do you have any nicknames? As a child, Shawnie
What is your ethnic background? Polish
What decade were you born in? mid 80's
How did you feel about your name growing up? I liked it
How do you feel about your name now? It's alright

How often do you run into other people with your name? Not too often, but it happens
What are some names of your family members? Mitch, Eddie (not Edward, just Eddie), Cynthia, Brian, Rochelle
If you have any kids, what are their name(s)? If no kids, do you have any names you know you’d like to give to future children? Whatever my wife wants
What is the name of your best friend? Tony
What are some common names for your age group? Mike, Adam, Anthony, John, Luke, Ryan, Brian
If you had to give yourself a new first name, what would it be? I can't think of anything
Are people ever confused about your name? Spelling - Sean, Shaun
Would you suggest someone give your name to a new baby? Yes, I'd say go for it
What do you think of my baby name hobby? I think it's great to have a hobby, but sometimes you drive me nuts.
(My reply: Your Xbox drives me nuts.)

If any of you have questions for him regarding his name, please feel free to comment and he will respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment